Avenues to Apprenticeship is a free, 18-week program offered by ApprenticeSearch.com for racialized youth who are interested in starting a career in the skilled trades.
Not sure what trade you should pursue? Don’t worry – this program will include career awareness learning, including skills, interests and personality assessment, that will help you focus on the right opportunities for you.
The Avenues to Apprenticeship Program includes:
- 4 weeks paid employment training and support
- A 14 week quality employment experience
- A clothing and equipment stipend
- Access to mentors
- The technology required for training and job searching
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for young people who:
- Are interested in a career in the skilled trades, but don’t know how to get started
- Have experienced barriers to employment in the skilled trades and are looking for support
- Would like to gain skilled trades knowledge and experience before pursuing a pre-apprenticeship program
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you are a BIPOC Canadian who is:
- Between the ages of 17-30
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Living in the GTA
- Available for 4 weeks of paid training, beginning late October 2021
- Available for a 14 week employment opportunity, beginning in November 2021
ApprenticeSearch.com is a free online job search and matching platform with an exclusive focus on apprenticeship trade positions in Ontario. It’s more than just a technological solution to job searching – they’re also a passionate team of professionals who are available to offer support and guidance to both employers and apprentices.