Literacy for Seniors
What is Technological Literacy for Seniors
HIEC’s Expanding Online Safety and Technological Literacy for Seniors Program promotes intergenerational mentorship as a tool to support the social participation and inclusion of seniors.
The program asks secondary and post-secondary students to develop and deliver Cyber Security and Internet Safety training for seniors in the community, allowing seniors to more confidently and safely participate in online life – from connecting with family over video calls and email, to navigating online shopping and banking.
This project is a part of the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program, and will fulfill the program’s objectives of:
- Supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors;
- Introducing measures to reduce crimes and harm against seniors;
- Helping seniors navigate access to government benefits online;
- Developing and delivering virtual programming for seniors; and
- Recruiting and training volunteers to support the social inclusion of seniors.
To learn more about this program, please contact email@example.com